If you purchase a McAfee Product at a retail store such as Staples, Walmart, Dixons, Best Buy you will most likely have a card and not a box with a CD in it. Further, this retail card needs to be redeemed to download and install and activate your McAfee subscription.
McAfee AntiVirus Plus, McAfee Internet Security, McAfee Total Protection, McAfee All Access, McAfee Family Protection, McAfee Live Safe.
Cause of the Problem:
- Not Applicable
Instructions for Activating McAfee Retail Card:
Step 1: Open McAfee Retail card activation or redemption page
- McAfee has a common page for activating or redeeming your retail product purchase.
- The website address is http://home.mcafee.com/root/productcard.aspx?pkgid=276.
- But this page address sometimes is changed.
- So do a Google or a Bing search for “redeem McAfee retail card” to find the correct page.
Step 2: Select the right country and product, and enter Product pin straightaway.
- On the Retail Card activation page, select your location and the product purchased.
- Enter the pin number from the retail card that you purchased.
- You will have to scratch the back of the card to reveal the Pin Number.
Step 3: Create a McAfee account or login into your existing McAfee account.
- McAfee account allows McAfee to keep track of all the different software licenses that you have purchased and installed.
- When you move your McAfee protection from one computer to another or want to disable McAfee auto-renewal this account is important.
- McAfee installation requires you to create this account. You need to visit https://home.mcafee.com/secure/protected/login.aspx?# to create this account.
Step 4: Download the software by clicking and install it
- Download the McAfee application by clicking on the download link.
- Run the installation program or the setup program.
- Complete the install – best not to select “custom installation option”.
- And now you are good to go.